At Harley house we take referrals for private orthodontic treatment for children. Our highly experienced team is led by Dr Ash Vora who has been treating children for over 10 years.
As we are a private clinic we do not have any age restrictions and can offer assessments at any age and encourage six monthly reviews so that you and your child get to know the orthodontic team. Currently these assessments are free.
Dr Vora has a special interest in hyodontia (missing teeth). He is one of the very few orthodontic practitioners that offers planning for replacement of missing teeth during the orthodontic process so that any dental treatment can be completed much more effectively.
If you feel your child has missing teeth, please speak to Dr Vora and he will be happy to help.
We offer a full range of orthodontic treatment options with the benefit of spreading the cost with 0% interest free finance and after school appointments at no additional costs.
Early Interceptive Orthodontics
This can be from the age of 5 years where we can give advice and also simple interceptive treatment to stop orthodontic problems from developing in to more complex problems in the early teens. Examples include:
- Thumb sucking advice and hints
- Early over bite correction with functional
- Cross bite correction with simple removable braces
- Space maintenance to allow eruption of teeth in the ideal positions
- Early extraction to help eruption
- Monitor missing teeth and extra teeth
Orthodontics in the teens
This is usually when we see most of our patients and when all the milk teeth have fallen out and the permanent teeth have come through. We offer a full range of treatment to help with:
- Overbite and over jet reduction
- Impacted teeth
- Missing teeth (hypodontia)
- Bite problems
- Jaw/ face discrepancies
Types of braces
Growth appliances – Functional braces
- A functional appliance is used to treat young children and teenagers with a large protrusion (sticking-out teeth). It is important to correct a large protrusion to minimise the risk of a traumatic injury to the upper front teeth.
- It works by pushing on the teeth, with a gentle force that is created when placing it in the mouth and closing the teeth together.
- A functional appliance is custom-made to fit over the teeth. It can be easily inserted and removed for cleaning and meals.
Either Ceramic or Metal (Stainless Steel) Braces are individually glued to the outside surface of teeth. The teeth are moved with a gentle force using wires and grey or coloured elastics.
Once the teeth are straight custom made retainers hold the teeth straight and prevent movement. The retainers are either fixed behind the teeth or clear plastic removable braces.